Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Mississippi

Today I spent my morning at Petal High School as guest speaker for their “My Mississippi” program.  All I can say is…wow!  This was such an amazing event put on by the gifted studies program for the 5th and 6th grade classes at Petal Upper Elementary.  The program was designed to celebrate being from Mississippi and all of the wonderful things our beautiful state has to offer.  As the opening speaker, I shared with the group why I am so proud to be a Mississippian and my 5 keys to success: 
*Respect 
*Character
*Perseverance
* Hard work
*Dare to dream

To top it all off, I got a chance to meet a few hometown heroes who were also there.  Petal’s very own Kris Mangum, former NFL player for the Carolina Panthers, was there to give a few words of wisdom.  Not to mention (drum roll please)…the one and only ELVIS PRESLEY was in the building!  I was “all shook up” when I met him…ok enough with the corny jokes.  In other news, I have officially received 8 entry forms for the “Confidently You Conference” so far this week!  I’m feeling incredibly blessed and I hope to have a great turnout for this event!






This week’s quote was inspired by my visit to Petal Upper Elementary this morning:
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal.  It is the courage to continue that counts.” –Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment