Monday, April 11, 2011

Say YES to the dress!

A few months ago, I was extremely inspired by a girl who was organizing an event to provide Easter dresses for girls in the Laurel area.  I was so impressed with her and the idea that I wanted to help and decided that I would start collecting dresses to donate.  I started by asking my Kappa Delta sisters and some of my 5th grade friends at PCS to jump on board.  After several weeks of collecting, I was bombarded with dresses of all sizes, colors, and styles for this event.  With the help of my friends I was able to collect nearly 200 dresses!!  Giving a girl a dress is such a simple gesture, but one that really can go a long way!  

Yesterday, I attended the “Picture Perfect” Easter dress tea in Laurel and was overwhelmed by the love and commitment that went into this project.  The girls were so excited to receive their new dresses and could hardly wait to show them off!  I was able to talk to the group for a moment about what true beauty means. True beauty is not defined by a new dress, but by our character and kindness.  Yesterday’s event was truly amazing and made me think of one of my (many) favorite quotes:

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."  -Audrey Hepburn

This week is going to fly by!  I have several speaking engagements this week leading up to the BIG day!  The Confidently You Conference is this Saturday and I could not be more excited.  Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment