Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oprah's farewell: A moving moment in television history

I must say, if you didn’t see the final Oprah show yesterday…you missed out!   From start to finish, the show was the most inspiring and heartfelt hour on television.  As long as I can remember, my mom and I have enjoyed watching Oprah together after school and have made watching her show a mother-daughter event.  In the past few days of her show, my mom and I have been brought to tears during every episode.  We were definitely doing the “ugly” cry that Oprah so often speaks of.  Oprah truly is an inspiration, role model, and amazing example for all of us and I hate to see her go.  I wanted to share some of my favorite quotes from her final show that truly touched my heart and inspired me.  I hope they will do the same for you!! 
"There's a difference between thinking you deserve to be happy and knowing that you are worthy of being happy. Your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough."

“Everyone has a platform.  Mine is a stage in a studio. Yours is wherever you are, with your own reach."

"You also have to know what sparks the light in you so that you in your own way can illuminate the world. You have the power to change somebody's life."

"Nobody but you is responsible for your life. You are responsible for your life. What is your life? What is all life? What is every flower, every rock, every tree? Energy. And you're responsible for the energy you create for yourself, and you're responsible for the energy that you bring to others."

If there is one single thing that Oprah taught me and so many others in the world, it is the power of giving.  We can all learn so much from this amazing woman and I will never forget all that she taught me.  Thanks for the years and tears Oprah!

No comments:

Post a Comment