Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hebrews 12: 1-2

Ran across this verse this morning and found so much comfort in it, I couldn’t help but share! 
Hebrews 12: 1-2
“Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

In light of my recent college graduation, this verse seems more relevant than ever!   The Lord has a plan for each of our lives and in order to fulfill that plan we must overcome life’s many obstacles along the way.  No journey is perfect and no success can be found without commitment and perseverance.   After five years of competing at Miss Mississippi (yes, FIVE) I know the road can sometimes seem long.   However, when you truly believe in a dream you must keep your eyes on the “big picture”.  I have no doubt that the Lord has an amazing path laid out for me, and whether it is to be Miss MS or not, I am so excited to see what this next chapter of my life has in store for me!!!  I hope that whatever your dream is, that this verse will give you the faith and courage to continue to push forward and never give up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment